Clearing The RALC Plan Of Study
- Complete all prescribed coursework on your RALC plan of study.
- Satisfy the NC licensure exams as outlined in the requirements letter from DPI’s Licensure Section.
- Teach successfully for one school year in a NC public or charter school as evidenced by a summary evaluation from your employing school system (all standards must be rated “Proficient” or higher).
Your employing school system will submit the following paperwork to the RALC:
- Request for Employed Teachers form
- Official transcripts of coursework taken to satisfy plan of study
- Copy of first page of official test scores
- Copy of summary evaluation from latest year of teaching
- Form C (if you have had 3 years of teaching experience)
- $55 fee, payable to NC DPI, if you completed requirements after your lateral entry license expired
- Request to add additional areas to license with supporting documentation, if applicable (including appropriate fee to NCDPI)
Once you complete the plan of study, the RALC will submit a recommendation to the DPI Licensure Section to convert the lateral entry to a Standard Professional Educator’s license.