skip to Main Content

Clearing The RALC Plan Of Study

  • Smiling Group of People Gather Around A CompuerComplete all prescribed coursework on your RALC plan of study.
  • Satisfy the NC licensure exams as outlined in the requirements letter from DPI’s Licensure Section.
  • Teach successfully for one school year in a NC public or charter school as evidenced by a summary evaluation from your employing school system (all standards must be rated “Proficient” or higher).

Your employing school system will submit the following paperwork to the RALC:

  • Request for Employed Teachers form
  • Official transcripts of coursework taken to satisfy plan of study
  • Copy of first page of official test scores
  • Copy of summary evaluation from latest year of teaching
  • Form C (if you have had 3 years of teaching experience)
  • $55 fee, payable to NC DPI, if you completed requirements after your lateral entry license expired
  • Request to add additional areas to license with supporting documentation, if applicable
Back To Top
×Close search